Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fascinating Food: The Day Dinner Came To Visit

This happend a few weeks back.

Something you don't see everyday in an urban part of the city. I walked in to my house compound and as I was unlocking the door I spotted this:

Skinny, bald chicken in the city.
Perhaps an escapee from the bird flu epidemic?
I certainly hope not.



Another photo just in case my eyes were playing a trick on me.
Note that it's sitting right next to the barbecue pit (on the right)
Now that's fresh food.



In case you're wondering, no, the chicken did not become dinner. It got shooed out of the compound, but was back again the same night and the night after that. A few days later it was spotted wandering in the back lane. And then it dissaperard. Poor chicken little. =(


Yesterday I spotted a fatter, healthier chicken in the neighbourhood as I was driving home. It sort of looked like the same chicken, it seemed to the same speckled markings on its head but I didn't get a good look. Hopefully, it was. Either that or my neighbourhood is turning into a kampung. Or that I'm just being haunted by chickens. Anyone know if being haunted by ghost chickens is some sort of sign?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a sign from god, chickie time! hehe

Anonymous said...

ah, ghostly chickens. terrible stuff.

i think the only way to get rid of them permanently is to have a kfc staff person come by and dance the rhumba in front of the place it manifested with a chip fryer in one hand and a value meal box in the other. ask him for a free colonel's burger. that's for me.

Beans said...

xin: time for chicken rice? hehe

wan: you find the kfc person, I'll ask for the burger