Saturday, April 28, 2007

Snickers Brownies

An “accidental” creation of mine. I was planning to make peanut butter brownies but couldn’t find any peanut butter. And I didn’t feel like having plain brownies. When I saw a packet of Snickers bars lying in my room, inspiration struck! So I grabbed two bars, chopped them into pieces and tossed them into my waiting brownie mix. All my favorite things combined. Chocolate, caramel, peanuts, and… more chocolate. The combination is heavenly!

Ingredients:
125g butter
100g dark chocolate, cut into pieces
½ cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup cocoa powder + 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
2 regular-sized Snickers bars (I think they’re about 60g each), cut into 1cm cubes

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line an 8cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Melt butter, dark chocolate and sugar in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally with a large spoon. You should end up with a smooth, glossy mixture.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Pour in beaten eggs and mix well. Add in the sifted flour and cocoa powder, mix well with spoon. 4. Gently fold in the chopped Snickers pieces. Pour mixture into the prepared cake tin; make sure the Snickers pieces are distributed evenly throughout the tin. Bake about 25-30 minutes, unlike with cakes, don’t worry if an inserted toothpick doesn’t come out clean. Brownies are best when they’re slightly gooey on the inside =D

I spy... blobs of melted caramel... Yum!

No comments: